20 Apr 2011

Results of a couple of mornings.

Had a couple of trips out Sat 16th birding and bootfair, yesterday on my own did my usual Leysdown, Harty, and RSPB Elmley, the Saturday trip was quite unimpressive regarding species but yesterday was much improved, had a couple of hours with the Avocets the numbers available to watch were depleted by two thirds on the Wellmarsh scrape compared to a week ago, the water level is in my opinion a little to high and is not ideal for avocet feeding although I hope this is not the reason for their absence.


Three Swallows were sighted and two Blackcap were singing in the orchard, a Spoonbill flew overhead and one was visible at distance from the hide, a Lapwing had become prey to something by the side of the track, Skylarks and Corn Buntings were showing well, but the star of the day was without doubt the Ring Ousel a first ( don't do ticks) sighting for me.

Below are a few pics taken over the two days .

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave.
    WelI done on seeing the Ring Ouzel. I too have yet to see one. Time will tell, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete