- The newer pictures were taken over three days and the sites were Oare, Harty, and Elmley, due to the heat there did not seem to be a lot of bird movement, at Oare was a large number of BT Godwits at rest, 1 Ruff, 1 juvenile Little Gull, Telescope only, 8 Greylag, 9 Canada Geese, 4 Egrets on the scrape and 2 Herons, also a large amount of BH Gulls being very noisy.
- Harty produced 1 Marsh Harrier only, 1 Reed Warbler and the two Marsh Frogs pictured, and on the Fleet about 250 Greylag Geese, and 2 Shellduck.
- Elmley, drove up as far as the farm, did not go any further Swallows very active, apparently the Spoonbills are still around..
- We had a visit from a Sparrow Hawk which perched itself on the top of my bird feeder which is on the front lawn, I stared at it then suddenly the ID clicked, but not my camera in the mayhem and chaos that ensued "hunt the camera" it vanished as quick as it had appeared leaving me with the thought did I really see what I thought I saw, Oh well, never mind, he will probably materialise at some future date.
- And that concludes my news.
12 Jul 2010
My Latest Pictures