14 Jun 2009

A Mini Cell over Eastchurch Prison.

This was a strange occurrence witnessed from the Raptor Viewpoint in August last year and recorded with a 50-500mm tele lens, it was a very humid evening at the Raptor Viewing Area when I noticed strange cloud behaviour it was attempting to make contact with the ground it never developed any better than I have pictured it, but was left in no doubt that it was a mini cell trying its best to develop, in all my nearly seventy years I have only come across this phenomenon twice before this occasion, but have experienced dust devils as most have and are a fairly common occurrance the other occasions were once in Wales and the other was when working on the fishing boats out of Whitstable when seventeen, I witnessed a waterspout.

No comments:

Post a Comment